Dallas Aviation Accident Attorney
Fort Worth Plane Crash Lawyer
At the law offices of Frenkel & Frenkel, our lawyers have the advantage of having worked as insurance defense attorneys before forming this law firm. We understand insurance issues inside and out. Our clients reap the benefits of our knowledge of insurance and our ability to predict the strategies of insurance company lawyers in an injury case.
Contact us to schedule a consultation with an experienced accident attorney. Discuss the facts and circumstances behind your crash. If you decide to work with us to obtain the compensation that you need and deserve after being involved in a devastating aircraft, airplane or helicopter accident, we will begin by investigating the incident and employing the proper experienced professionals for your particular case. We will interview eyewitnesses and otherwise work to reconstruct your accident. If necessary, we will employ professional accident reconstructionists to help us create visual aids to be used when we present your case to insurance claims adjusters, judges or juries.
There are thousands of aviation accidents in the United States every year. Recent statistical reports by the National Safety Transportation Board show that there were 1,631 general aviation accidents during 2007. This figure includes both personal aircrafts and commercial airliners. These accidents resulted in 491 fatalities. The number of accidents increased from 2006 when there were 1,518 reported general aviation accidents. However, the number of fatalities caused by these accidents decreased since 2006 when there were 703 deaths associated with the aviation accidents.
Aviation Law Overview
The maintenance of aviation facilities and the operation of aircrafts are governed by aviation law. Statutes have been enacted at both the state and federal levels of government to help regulate air traffic.
Since it has the constitutional authority to regulate commerce both between states and from overseas, Congress can enact laws dealing with air navigation. Several federal laws have been enacted in this manner. The 1926 Air Commerce Act provides for the registration and the certification of aircraft operating in interstate or foreign commerce as well as other aviation related regulations.
Who is Legally Responsible for Damages in a General Aviation Accident?
Parties that are potentially liable for an accident vary depending upon the cause of the accident. Those who own or operate the aircraft are certainly often responsible. Other times, manufacturers or mechanics may be liable. Recently, a company that leased an aircraft to a pilot lacking in experience was found to be liable for the incident. An experienced aviation attorney is crucial in identifying and determining all possible claims.
Aviation law cases can require high-level expertise in many aspects of aviation, not solely legal expertise. Several factors should be considered when deciding on a lawyer to investigate and litigate an airplane or other aviation-related claim:
- A lawyer with aviation experience may be better informed on the ultimate value of a claim
- A lawyer with aviation experience may be better able to assess the risks and nuances of a lawsuit.
- A lawyer with aviation experience may produce better results for clients, given their knowledge of the subject matter and sophisticated skills at developing aviation-related cases.
- A lawyer with aviation experience is usually familiar with an aircraft's history and components, and can challenge manufacturers and operators on key issues.
- Lawyers without aviation experience might inadvertently omit key defendants from air crash lawsuits, simply because of lack of industry knowledge. Conversely, aviation lawyers may be able to identify several legally responsible parties that a non-aviation attorney may miss.
- The upper echelon of attorneys who deal in the aviation milieu can build relationships with expert witnesses and consultants, a significant benefit to clients.
We have associate counsel who are lawyers, aviators and have handled these specialized cases.
Plane and aviation crashes often have multiple victims, and each victim has his or her own case for compensation depending on factors such as age, family status and the severity of their injuries. Whether you or a family member was injured during a commercial or private plane crash, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn of your rights.