Work Injury Lawyers in Dallas, Texas
Helping You Understand Your Rights
On The Job Work Injury Lawyers
The work injury lawyers at Frenkel & Frenkel can help you seek compensation if you were involved in an accident while on the job. Frenkel & Frenkel represents injured Texas workers in any situation. If you are a construction worker, contractors and subcontractors must adhere to federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations to avoid preventable accidents. We will investigate your on-the-job accident to determine negligence that could provide compensation for your injuries and lost wages.
Workers’ compensation provides benefits for anyone injured because of their own negligence or that of their employer. When employers don’t carry workers’ compensation insurance, victims of an industrial or construction accident can sue an employer for negligence. If your employer or coworker was negligent and caused you harm, or if your workplace failed to follow OSHA safety regulations on topics such as asbestos, Frenkel & Frenkel can help.
An employee can bring a claim or sue their employer when employers do carry workers’ compensation insurance in certain circumstances. One of those circumstances, is when the employee dies as a result of the employers’ gross negligence, which is a higher level of negligence.
The type of litigation research and support for injuries on the job are dependent on the job environment and specific regulations surrounding the industry. Consider that many of these industries are dealing with very large, well-connected organizations such as oil companies, commercial construction, and energy providers. In any case, don’t let these companies or insurance companies hurry and provide a negotiation without getting feedback from an experienced lawyer capable of providing the support and confidence from experience dealing with businesses of all shapes and sizes. Here are some industries that legal support could be considered by our DFW workplace lawyers:
- Oil Wells – Production and profits can often be put in-front of safety when dealing with these natural resources and heavy-duty equipment. Roustabouts, roughnecks, toolpushers, drillers, and oil field truck drivers all deserve legal support when faced with injury or loss.
- Offshore Oil Rigs – Drilling for oil in the ocean causes a unique set of legal issues from both offshore drilling rigs and offshore production platforms. Jack-up drilling rigs, semi-submersible rigs, drilling ship or tension leg platforms, fixed offshore oil platforms, and even foreign maritime workers, are some considerations when requesting legal counsel.
- Chemical Plants – Toxic chemicals, heavy equipment and insufficient safety programs can all contribute to problems needing legal counsel. Explosions and chemical spills require immediate action.
- Home And Building Construction – Regulation and licensing of contractors, inspection of the project, and construction dispute settling. As a homeowner, before signing a contract to build, do a remodel, or add-on, consider a construction attorney to understand your rights and obligations.
- Manufacturing Plants – Large machines such as forklifts, fires, explosions, and chemical leaks are common causes for legal counsel and could warrant consultation with experienced workplace injury lawyers.
- Maintenance Crews – Regardless of negligence or fault, work or unrelated, ship maintenance injuries, accidents, or illness could be the duty of ship owners to pay. Ship & vessel crews and operators would benefit from legal counsel when faced with any of these events.
- Road Crews – Maintaining streets, highways, and bridges could result in transportation incidents, contact with objects or equipment, hazardous exposure to chemicals, or falls, trips or slips.